The DC-STIMULATOR MR is a stimulator for conducting non-invasive transcranial direct- and alternating current stimulation (tDCS, tACS) on people specifically during magnetic resonance imaging (f)MRI.
The DC-STIMULATOR MR is a micro-processor-controlled constant current source. It meets the highest safety standards thanks to (hardware- and software-based) multistage monitoring of the current path. By continuously monitoring electrode impedance it can detect insufficient contact with the skin and automatically terminate stimulation. This is a reliable method of excluding any injury to the patient.
DC-STIMULATOR MR features:
- 1 channel, unipolar (DC) and bipolar (AC) stimulation
- Adjustable range of current ±4,500 µA, maximum adjustable current strength ±1,500 µA (peak-to-peak)
- Adjustable application time up to 30 minutes
- Frequencies adjustable up to 250 Hz, phase freely adjustable
- 4 standard modes - single (continuous stimulation) - pulse (cyclical stimulation activation/deactivation) - sinus (sinus wave) - noise (normally distributed)
- Use during fMRI, no interference of the MRI images during EPI sequence
- RF filter module with MRI-compatible cables and electrodes
- customer-specific programs possible (optional)
- "Study mode" for blind processing of genuine and 'pseudo' stimulation (optional)
- External trigger input and output (optional)
You can find detailed technical specifications for the DC-STIMULATOR MR in the product brochure